Monday, May 3, 2010

Four weeks (approx.)

Four weeks. Has it really been that long? Four weeks? Or is it finally here?

Not to say that four weeks marks any particular accomplishment, after all it isn’t quite a month yet. But, in many ways, it is hard to believe I am even walking in my own shoes. To say that the full gravity of fatherhood hasn’t hit me yet is an understatement.

Now, it would be very, very easy for me to begin a rant about how little sleep I get, or how my day revolves around brief moments of silence in between long periods of crying, and all of this would be true if I weren’t hit so hard with how incredibly blessed I am.

I will try to be brief. No promises, though.

Through all of the challenges of caring for a “high need” infant I have never had difficulty of appreciating how amazing our little Eleanor is. She is beautiful. Yes, her beauty warrants its own sentence, perhaps repeating it, even with emphasis! She is beautiful. I just adore her auburn hair, gorgeous eyes and lovely (although infrequent) smile. She is worth every tiring moment.

And then there is my wife. My incredible wife, how amazed I am by you. You’ve given me ten joyous years of marriage, and now a wonderful daughter. You have always made me happy, and now you’ve made me luckier than I could have imagined. Thank you. The best is yet to come.

T (Daddy)

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is perfect! We'll be checking it out often. I'm surprised Giselle did not object to 4 weeks not being a month - somethings she's stuck to, no matter what, since being pregnant with Trena.
    Keep up the good work!
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. Look forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete